Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Grosgrains: A Frock by Friday!

I'm participating in Grosgrains A Frock by Friday sew-along...I'm SO EXCITED that this talented woman is sharing her secrets and inviting us all to join her!!! I have waited SO LONG for her to have a tutorial of this type!! Yippeeee!! Below are my fabric selections for the dress and optional sash, however, after speaking with my hubby, he'll be wearing a navy uniform this Friday for his fire academy graduation ceremony, so I got to thinking...
Should I stick with my original color combination...or...
Should I match his uniform color?? There is a light blue and navy pinstripe in the fabric, so it's not like I'm pulling it out of nowhere...It's a navy fabric with stars on it...a little too mystical for the stripe pattern, but since I need to go buy a zipper, I could also buy a solid navy that matches his uniform color better. What do you all think?? Maroon sash or navy sash??

No comments: