Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another Tuesday

Well the weather has taken a turn for the worse! We got three inches of snow yesterday and the temp has dropped to the teens again....BLEAH! The high 30's were feeling SO GOOD.


I was checking out the latest on Wilcox Wizard Wears blog to see what she's been up to lately. She's attending school at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and participates in a lot of Harry Potter related craft swaps (my personal favorite stuff to check out, maybe someday I will start in on the swaps too). She got a new yarn that is JUST GEORGEOUS! I don't know if it is okay to copy pics of her blog, so here's the link to it...I would love, Love, LOVE a skein of this yarn!! However, my stash being now 3 large tubs of yarn, I really should complete many things prior to adding to it....but how do you resist!! A knitter/crocheter needs a yarn stash to choose from, a beader needs a bead stash, a quilter needs a fabric stash and a scrapbooker needs a paper & embellishment stash.......AND I HAVE ALL OF THEM! My husband is not too thrilled about me taking up half the upstairs with my crafting. So what I'm really trying to say is, not only is my stash of yarn up to 3 large tubs of yarn, it's also 6 large tubs of fabric (not to mention two boxes worth of just patterns), two medium size organizers of beads (one being just the seed beads, so many colors!), one upright roller cart and one travel case of scrapbook paper & supplies, and piles and piles of miscellaneous craft stuff crammed in between it all! This whole confession is really making me want to create something with what I already have...


...WAIT! I am!! Last night I dug out many yard pieces of fabric, D-rings and boning. Odd combination?? I'm making several nursing covers for this weekends Baby Fair that I'm assisting my local La Leche League chapter with. We'll be selling the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, raffle tickets for an adorable baby basket we've assembled and the nursing covers made by me! All as a fundraiser for LLL and to inform the public about who we are and what we do. As soon as I finish them I'll take a pic and add to this post. I have so much in my stash that I didn't have to buy any materials for this project...it really felt good!


Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

lajamison said...

I am so happy to hear that you are still active and involved with LLL. I really miss it. It is time to see if there is one here that I can join in with.