Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Current projects...

I thought I'd show off some of my up and coming projects that have fabrics already pulled together. All of them were in my stash that I've combined with others OR were purchased that way (years ago).
A pirate quilt kit I purchased for my toddler....when he was an infant!!

A Skinny Bunny pattern by Carol's Zoo using the leftover green fabric from last Halloweens dragon costume. I'm waiting to purchase the right size eyes...just have to get out of the house to purchase them. I bought the pattern at the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup when I was pregnant with now toddler (oh, say...2006)! I swore to never go back to that AMAZING and WONDERFUL expo until I completed at least one of the four patterns I purchased there that year. haha **bashful grin**
For my baby boy (and many of my friends babies and maybe babies to come), I found this WONDERFUL baby shoe pattern and tutorial over at Stardust Shoes. I recently learned about her blog (and now follow it), she creates a lot of fun stuff and has some really great tutorials. I'm curious about her current venture of Circle Happy.
And finally...my European Cat Quilt fabrics which I've changed on the project progress side bar to say London Cat Quilt. A while back I visited a new quilt store in town with my mother-in-law, and I mean a while back, like...maybe over a year ago?? I came across these fabrics and fell in LOVE! That led to splurging....yeah, there are nine different fabrics there ranging from 1/4 to 1 yard in size. The lady cutting my fabric also managed to talk me into a quilt book to create a quilt with them called Turning Twenty...Again. I'm either going to use that book or a tutorial I found online here that's called the Disappearing Nine Patch.

No comments: