Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WATER!

Tonight was a help-the-hubby night...a simple task of replacing the kitchen faucet turned into a five hourish adventure. I don't think I want to even go into the details, they are too exhausting. But I will say how nice it is to have running water, you know, for the little things in life we take for granted like flushing the toilet, washing hands, getting a quick drink, brushing teeth...ALL GONE!! For five-ish hours....we obviously survived but it was not a fun time.
On a lighter note, here's my latest creation. I made if for someone only to second guess myself with the piece to the personality, so I'm not gifting it after all. I'll create something totally new that's lighter, airy-er and more delicate. I'm having a difficult time with this task...

This pretty little thing was created with a black and white lampworked focal I purchased in Wenatchee on my craft retreat with my mom, aunt and grandma. It features silver sead beads, black Swarofski teardrops, white pearls, and black and silver glass faceted crystals, plus a few other miscellaneous beads. I used beading wire which makes it a little stiff. I'm considering putting it up on Etsy, our currently empty shop. But I've had another idea for our Etsy shop, we shall see...

I really need to learn my camera settings, these pictures are not very good. Too much white, glare, and blurry. Someday...add it to my list of ideas to someday complete. :)

1 comment:

lajamison said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You are a wonderful artist.