Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A day late, but I tend not to get on the computer whenever I'm at home because I spend my work day on the computer. We started our day by sleeping in, which was about 8:30am....yeah, no longer are the days when we sleep in until 11 or noon. Made waffles, I got to add my cinnamon, raisins and chopped apple to the batter. Mmmmm!!! Then we went for a three mile hike up north near the Little Spokane to seek a geocache. Our 2-1/2 yr. old did AWESOME! He walked most of the way, only really wanted to be carried up hill and the last quarter mile back. I was surprised at how well he did. I was also surprised at how well I did, being around six months pregnant, the one up hill part was a bit steep, it burned my legs more than my lungs, but I made it. We saw 6 wild turkeys, a white tail deer, squirrels galore, a couple red ant hills, big black beetles, and a newer deer carcass of mostly bones but had been dragged by something (it still smelled bad!), we also heard peacocks, we were near a farm at one point and they must have owned some. About a mile into our drive home, little one was zonked out. The rest of the day was pretty leisurely and lazy on my part, I didn't even get any crafting in, that's how lazy I felt. My hubby worked on our yard, he started landscaping the front. On top of it all it was sunny all day and around 70...SO NICE!! Overall it was a very lovely day, I wish I could have more like it....with absolutely no cleaning done by me. THAT was nice.

No comments: