Monday, October 4, 2010

no More JAM!!


This was how we (my neighbor and I) spent our Friday...
Our ENTIRE DAY! From 9:30 am to 8:00 pm and a lunch break in between. And again, these are the only pictures I have to show of that day. We did a quintuple batch, meaning, we picked clumps of grapes off our top secret source vine the night before, we then rinsed them and proceeded to pick the individual grapes off the vine until we reached 50 CUPS OF GRAPES! Whew! That took two hours. The next two hours were spent pinching 25 cups of grapes out of their skins. At 4:30 we FINALLY started cooking, we canned the first batch at 5:30 and the last one came out of the boiling water at 8 pm. We were pooped! And a quintuple batch will make MORE than what it should, so I had to pull out two of my quart jars, fill them, then put the last of it into a tupperware and into the fridge.

Sunday we spent our morning here...
See that big rock slide on the lower left of the pic?? That's why we were here. I'll show you in this I Spy Friday's post...stay tuned!

No comments: