Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Etsy Seller "BunkhouseBoutique"

YEAY!! I've finally made an Etsy seller account and have figured out what I'm going to list first!! I'll be selling items with my mom and my aunt. My aunt makes jewelry and my mom...well, she says she's not sure what to sell yet. She makes her miniature fairies but will set up a separate account for those. We all decided on the name Bunkhouse Boutique.
The bunkhouse is a little old hen house on my Grandma's farm, turned bedroom, turned storage room, now its in an inbetween vacant stage with a few things in it. I know at one point my mom and my aunt lived in it, I'll have to leave it up to them to comment and clarify exactly when and all those details. Growing up, us grandkids would spend the night in it when we slept over at grandma's house. I remember the mice running through the walls and keeping us up.
Here's a sneak preview of what I'm going to be starting out with listing...I found them all in the five drawer dresser I mentioned in a previous post...VINTAGE BUTTONS!!!! Since that last post, I've finished gone through all the drawers and a second dresser and have found a whole tin, a good-size cigar box and misc. bags of vintage buttons!! All of thecraft items I went through in the drawers were dated from the 60's & 70's. Very few items were dated in the 80's. This brings me to the conclusion that they are all VINTAGE!! SO COOL!! I'm still learning my camera and mastering taking close-ups, so naturally, the close-ups that I did take were blury and not good. Hopefully I'll have it all figured out and start listing a few sets by the end of the weekend. YEAY!! Oh, and as a side note, I DID take the time to sort them all out by color which took half a day last weekend....there were a lot of buttons in there!

3 comments:

lajamison said...

Wonderful, you are finally getting into Etsy like you wanted. I can't wait to start looking at what you have on there. I am excited for you.

Julie F. said...

Your mother & I stayed in the bunkhouse during our high school days. The family house had only 2 bedrooms & with 4 kids, that was the best solution. We loved it! We had it fixed up nice with posters plastered on the walls & ceiling of the Beatles, the Monkees, Bobby Sherman & who ever was hot to teenage girls then. Well, for the winter, your grandpa insulated it & paneled it so those posters are still there, under the wall coverings. Just think of the vintage treasure some one might find under the panels in the future.

Love, Aunt Julie

Julie F. said...

Your mother & I stayed in the bunkhouse during our high school days. The main house has 2 bedrooms & with 4 kids, that was the best solution. We loved it! We had it fixed up nice with posters of The Beatles, The Monkees, Bobby Sherman & who ever else was hot to a teenage girl then. For the 1st winter, your grandpa insulated & paneled the walls so those posters are still under the wall covering. Just think of the vintage treasure someone might find in the future. Love, Aunt Julie