Thursday, November 19, 2009

Enchanted Forest Ornamets Completed!

YEAY! I've completed my first swap! Valerie of YarniGras and YarniGras Swapper Spot hosted an Enchanted Forest Ornament Swap that I participated in. Below is the pic of everything I'll be sending off tomorrow. One adorable little hedgehog, two sweet little owlets in their holiday colored nests, lots and LOTS of little chocolates, some friendship tea and a pine scented candle for all the critters to feel at home in the forest when it's lit.

I've bundled them all among a red garland (instead of packing peanuts or bubble wrap) inside the tin with the enchanting tree on the lid. :)

These two little owlets were so fun to make! I think I'm going to make more for Christmas gifts this year. My favorite part of this whole swap was that I got to buy more yarn!! FIVE NEW SKEINS!!! The brown is a super soft alpaca/acrylic blend by Bernat (it's so soft and they had great neutral colors to choose from), I lost the label to the white one but I think it's a Lion's Brand, the orange is Lion Wool (which I'm so excited to possibly use the rest for a hat, I just love the shade of orange it is!) and the red and green are Vanna's Choice. All are nice and lovely yarns to work with.

I originally posted about all of them here which has the links to the oscillating owlets and hedgehog knitting patterns, you know, just in case you'd like to knit them up as well. I'll be mailing all these guys off tomorrow to my secret top secret swap partner. I hope she enjoys them all!


4 comments:

lajamison said...

Ramie-
I wish I could knit. All the cute things you do are just wonderful! You swap person should be so excited to get these.
Laci

Kerry said...

I LOVE my forest friends... Thank You...Thank you...Thank you!!!

Can't wait to enjoy a cup of frienship tea with chocolates.....hopefully in a bubble bath with my pine candle burning - nothing says Christmas quite like that:-)

Thanks again Ramie
Happy Holidays
Kerry

Yarni Gras! said...

I love everything...but admit I'm partial to that cute hedgie....it ROCKS!

nattyj said...

Oh you knit so beautifully! Love, Love, Love the Hedgehog!