Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anticipation and Adventure

Well...Thursday was my last day of work as an interior designer. Yesterday was my first day of work as a full-time mommy. Tomorrow is my due date with baby #2. ALL of it is so surreal, nothing has sunk in yet. I'm just going through the motions like it's another three day weekend and Monday I'll be back in to work. Only I won't be. I'm anticipating that once baby arrives, which I hope is Monday or after since doctor is on vacation until then, that everything will sink in and I'll have one big emotional break down. The reality that I will no longer be working will hit me, the loss of one identity and the gain of a new one as full-time mother may be overwhelming. This new one I'm not quite sure how I'll handle, I'm in control of structuring it, not a boss. Thus begins a new journey and adventure in which I'll probably have A LOT to learn. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

lajamison said...

You will do amazing. I remember changing from full time employee to full time mom and it does take some getting used to, but I know you will fill the role with a perfect finesse.